Compass Group becomes a United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment Signatory
We are proud to announce that, as a company, we have taken a significant step in consolidating our commitment to responsible investing by becoming a United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment signatory.
The initiative seeks to help signatories integrate “Environmental, Social and Governance” (ESG) matters into their investment and ownership decisions.
As a steward of our clients’ financial capital, we have a special interest in encouraging robust ESG practice within our invested companies. Our portfolio managers and analysts have long considered ESG issues a key component in the sustainability of an individual company’s investment case.
Compass Group has implemented an approach to: 1) evaluate, 2) engage with issuers, 3) integrate actionable metrics into the investment process, and 4) customize clients’ ESG preferences. Almost all of our companies under priority coverage are evaluated according to our internal corporate governance rating. Our approach to ESG integration makes the commitment to the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment a logical next step.
The United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (see www.unpri.org) is the world’s leading proponent of responsible investment, promoting the following six principles that firms should aspire to incorporate in their analysis:
1. To incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
2. To be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership and practices.
3. To seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
4. To promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
5. To work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
6. To report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.